middle schoolers complaining about how stressful school is
Excuse you middle school may have been simpler in your time but these days it can be so brutal. Had you read three Steinbeck books by the time you were thirteen? Probably not.
Information from this post received from financedegreecenter.com, all image credits and information go them.
I think this is a question we’ve all been wondering about.
Did you know that organ trade is illegal in every country except Iran?
BODY PARTS THE LIVING CAN SELL
$337 per pint of blood.
$70 for ten inches of hair.
- Men’s hair is reduced to an amino acid used in baking goods.
- Women’s hair is turned into wigs and weaves.
- The most valuable part of your body sells for a high of $23,000 per gram. You can donate bone marrow, but it’s illegal to sell it.
Eggs: $12,400 per IVF cycle in U.S.
- Egg donation is legal, but some choose to avoid hospital fees and buy eggs illegally or abroad.
Surrogate Wombs: $20,000-30,000 in India, $80,000-150,000 in the U.S.
- Make up 75% of the global organ trade due to diabetes, high blood pressure and heart problems.
Theoretically, your body is worth up to $45 million dollars
(But that’s only if you could harvest every usable chemical and part from it.)
FROM THE DEAD
- Corneas: $24,400 implanted
- Hearts: Legal–$997,700, Illegal– $119,000
- Livers: Legal–$557,100, Illegal–$157,100
- Kidneys–From U.S. $262,900
- Ligaments and Bones– A few thousand dollars, depending on which one.
- Skin–$10 per square inch
SOURCES OF BODY PARTS
- Donated by Family, Friends
- Charities, non-profits
- Looted Graves
- Crooked morticians
- Paid donors (often very poor)
- Executed prisoners
- Live prisoners
- Blood Farms